Admin Custom Shipping Rate
Admin Custom Shipping Rate
I have received many messages over the years asking for support or to take over the extension. If you wish to take over developing the extension, you are free to do so. The code is open source. You do not have to give me any credit, and I would prefer that you don't. Just take the code, and do whatever you want with it. I am no longer developing for Magento and have not for years and probably never will again. Please do not contact me for anything. I understand people find this extension useful and I wish I had the time to keep it going, but I simply don't. Thank you for understanding. ## UPDATE: 1/30/2012
I am sorry to inform that this module is NO LONGER SUPPORTED. I simply do not have the time to work on it anymore and I haven't for a long time. I do not see this changing anytime soon. I simply cannot and will not provide any support whatsoever, paid or otherwise. Please do not contact me for help with the module as I can't help you. I will hand over this module to anyone who is willing and able to fix the bugs, keep it up to date, and add features. You don't even have to give me credit if you don't want to. My only request is that the basic functionality and all updates remain FREE for life. If you are looking for a version compatible with Magento 1.6, look here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/248661/#t348468
Since there is no support and likely won't be any further updates, use this module at your own risk. I cannot be held responsible if it wrecks your store. As with any Magento extension, always do a thorough test on a development copy of your store first.
Please note! Magento version 1.3.2 or higher is required to use this extension. Please make sure your Magento install is version 1.3.2 or higher before installing. Also note that this is NOT a per product shipping module.
Also note that if you wish to install the latest 1.5.0 version of this extension, you must set your Prefered State to Beta under the settings tab of your Magento Connect Manager. If you do not it will install the older 1.4.7 version.
Adds ability to specify a custom shipping rate and title when creating a new order in backend. This allows you to utilize any shipping method and price you want, even if it's not available to customers on the front end.
The extension is based on code found in this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/14264/
Thanks go out to szotyi for getting this started and to everyone else that helped test this.
Known IssuesThere is a known issue with this extension if you are charging tax on shipping. As of this writing I have not found a confirmed solution that works for everyone. Please see this thread for more info:
Uninstall InstructionsAfter uninstalling this extension through your Magento Connect Manager, you may have to run the following SQL query on your database. This can be done through phpMyAdmin or equivalent. This may only be necessary in Magento 1.3. I have not found any issue with Magento 1.4 and leaving this info in the database, but your results may vary.
core_config_data WHERE path like "carriers/customshippingrate%";
Added Magento 1.5 compatibility.
- Stability set to Beta until extension is more thoroughly tested in the wild.
- Added Magento 188.8.131.52 compatibility.
- Fixed custom shipping module showing up in multi-address checkout.
- Fixed custom shipping module showing up in PayPal Express review page on Magento 184.108.40.206 or higher.
- Fixed multiple currency issue.
- Fixed double shipping price bug when Tax Class for Shipping is enabled.
- Fixed custom shipping module showing up in PayPal Express review page.
- Added Magento 1.4 compatibility
- Fixed issue with some currencies other than USD not working correctly
- Fixed "headers already sent" error due to incorrect character encoding
- Nearly a ground up rewrite. Includes it's own shipping module so it does not rely on any other shipping methods.
- Added config section in System --> Configuration --> Shipping Methods --> Admin Custom Shipping Rate
- Fixed issue with shipping amount being applied twice in shopping cart and checkout.
-Removed extra tag left over from a test version. Sorry bout that. :-P
- Fixed issue with auto-save. In certain situations, the custom values would not save.
- Simplified method of rewriting the collect() function.
- Stability changed to Stable.
- Added functionality to auto-save values. The custom shipping rate and title will save automatically, even if you forget to hit Save, and also upon page reload or credit card error. Thanks to thaddeusmt for the code to make this happen.
- Fixed character encoding in French translation file.
- Added English and French translation files. Thanks to jybnet for French translation.
- Removed dependency on Mage_Core_Modules
- Initial Version
Have a question?
This extension is not supported through Xtension Galaxy by a developer.
If you are the developer who authored or maintains this extension, please register a Listing Member account to participate and optionally, sell extensions in this marketplace.