This extension gives you the option to modify Magento's full page caching policy in a certain situation. It persists server side 'full page' cache of category pages until a product goes "out of stock" after customer checkout. Additionally the extension improves the default top menu block by letting it have only one cache version on all pages (where is displayed).
By default, Magento 2 flushes 'full page' cache of the pages related to a purchased product after every checkout. While a part of the customers make their orders, the other customers browsing the categories can experience intermittent slower page loads because pages are not served from the cache. This extension improves this behavior by blocking cache clean to products that are still in stock. Even on low traffic websites where customers order occasionally, this extension would still improve page speed because the next customers would browse cached category pages. Same behavior is applied to product pages.
The Secondary Feature
In order to complement the full page cache improvement after customer checkout, this extension enhances top menu block cache too. It does this by creating only one version of block cache for top menu instead of having a version for each page. Top menu is displayed on most of the store's pages. Because the products that become out of stock after checkout trigger cache cleaning of categories pages, having one version of cache for top menu will improve page speed. Once top menu block is rendered and cached on one page, it will be served faster on the rest of the pages not already cached.
By itself this top menu cache enhancement speeds up your store's pages in the general case. If users flush cache from admin than all pages have to be generated from the database before are sent to the browser. Once the first page is generated and than cached on the server, the unique version of top menu cache is created. The rest of the pages will be served faster because top menu is not generated from the database for each page not already cached, but instead it is served from cache.
This feature can be used in detriment of displaying accurately latest changes of top menu contents. We recommend to enable this feature on stores that do not have too frequent changes of top menu contents during a single day's business hours. A case of frequent changes to top menu contents would be when all products from a category displayed in top menu go out of stock during a single day's business hours. But when users just change from admin a category URL or a category name, top menu will be displayed accurately because block cache is cleaned on category save or admins have to use Cache Management page.
- On Magento 2.0.x installations this feature has to be configured as enabled from admin otherwise the main feature of this extension will not function properly.
- On Magento 2.1.x installations this feature can be disabled from admin and the main feature would still function properly.
- This feature works out of the box on the default Magento's top menu implementation
- If your store does not use the default Magento's top menu PHP class and you notice misbehavior of the main feature of this extension than please contact our support in given time of free support. We'll gladly help.
List of features:
- Full page cache policy improvement on products still in stock after checkout.
- Full page cache policy improvement on products still in stock after an order is created from admin.
- Top menu policy block cache improvement.
- Ability to change from admin the cache lifetime of top menu block.
- Ability to disabled ESI policy on top menu block or change it's TTL. ESI policies are used by Varnish.
- Active/current category highlight is kept on Magento's default implementation of top menu.
- Each feature of this extension can be enabled or safely disabled from admin configurations.
- Compatible with Magento's built-in full page cache and Varnish full page cache.
- Compatible with 'Update on Save' and 'Update by Schedule' indexer modes.
- Admin configuration to allow cache cleaning on specific quantity numbers that belong to intervals of numbers. e.g Clean cache when quantity is lower than 5.
- Admin configuration to allow cache cleaning on quantity numbers divided by a number. e.g. Clean cache every time the quantity can divide by 10.
If you still have questions about this product please contact us.
Innovo Support & Return Policy
30 day money back guarantee
Have a question?
Please log in to ask a question.